Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello! on the internet, i go by Fishy. im still in high school, and i got pet rats about a year ago. its a little embarrassing, but i havent figured out how to use the forums until now.
i have two female rats, a little older than a year old, they are named Paisley and Clementine. i love them a lot, but i regret that i dont always have the time that i would like to have to play with them, but they've been consistently happy and healthy and friendly.
i have two cats, so the rats are kept in my room with the door closed and i cant let them wander around outside their cage. but i often walk around with them on my shoulder and make sure that they get fresh air and whatnot.
like i said, im inexperienced, my only experience with a caged pet was a long while ago, and it ended a little traumatically, so i get really stressed out about even the littlest problem. i dont know anyone in real life whos ever had a rat before, so i look forward to maybe some advice and peace of mind when i need it.
in fact the reason im making my introduction now is because im in a situation like that.
that aside, i look forward to my time here!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ahahaha.... followup to that. im having a bit of a freak out at the moment. like i said, i could really use some advice or peace of mind, cause i dont really know what to do if things go bad.
if anyone happens to read this, you see, i noticed a while ago that paisley has a weird bulge around her front leg. its definitely something. its not hugely noticeable, i first thought it i thought her leg was just in a weird position. but i felt it and its solid, i dont think its just skin. but, shes acting mostly normal, besides the bulge, she doesnt seem sick.
at least tell me she wont suddenly die overnight or within the next few days. ive heard stories about tumors being an issue, and she isnt spayed, could that be it?
i plan to get her to a vet as soon as i can, which is tomorrow or the day after, even if its no big deal, im just scared.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.