Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! If anyone can help I’d be really grateful.

I found rat yesterday afternoon. Been pecked at by crows. Couldn’t move poor thing. I’ve put it in a box. Kept in my shed as assumed it was dying as it couldn’t fight the crows. I’ve given it some cereal and water and some newspaper for bedding and assumed it would pass in the night.

the last time I checked on it earlier it was laid on its side sleeping where as it had been sleeping curled up in a ball kind of upright before. It had eaten all the cereal yesterday and this morning but left some untouched. He’s pretty much stayed in the same place all day today. I’m hoping the poor thing had passed in its sleep tonight as I am really getting upset worrying how much pain it’s in.

does anyone have any advice is there anyone I can call to put it out if it’s misery? I’m going to be so upset if he’s still alive when I check in the morning as I’m worrying it’s in a lot of pain.

I’d be so grateful for any help. Thank you.

·
Registered
Rött -orphaned street rat, female
8 Posts
Is your injured rat still alive and do you think it may live? I would take it to a vet and euthanize it ONLY if there is no way the poor guy will recover.its hard I was adopted by a wild city rat that escaped a bait box she ran down a city sidewalk right up to me allowed me to pick her up and put her on my shoulder.she was poisoned and passed in my hands 5 days later after I gave her a lot of love.so if your rat has any chance of living allow it to heal if not please don't let it suffer. I don't know but human meds in very small doses are used on rats maybe a little Tylenol (I don't know if it will help or how much)or something. Good luck please let me know how it worked out your a good person for helping that ratty.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts