Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday night my dad made the worst mistake while I was gone to a game with my friend and boyfriend. Lilly my oldest escaped her cage. My father wasn't thinking and put her back in the cage with the 3 new babies I had. I came home and checked on them, they all had bite wounds all over their little bodies and they where terrified of everything. I quickly removed Lilly from the cage and placed her back in hers. I'm not sure what to do its been weeks of trying to introducing them and I'm at my wits end with her. I feel that the new babies are scared they won't even come near me anymore I'm not sure what to do with them after this traumatic experience. I'm really worried that they will never regain trust with me again. With all the wounds on their bodies they don't like to be picked up or messed with much so i'm not sure what to do with them?Lilly has caused so much drama with these new rats and I don't know what to do with her. It dosen't look to bright that she is gonna get along with them in the big cage. My boyfriend offered to take her to stay with him, but I really wanna keep her although she will never be able to have cage mates.. I really don't know what I should do with everything that has happe.. Please and thank you in adanvdce for your replies.

·
Registered
119 Posts
If she is that aggressive I would dub her a rat that likes to be alone and home them accordingly. If you can take the babies to the vet they can help you with steps regarding the babies wounds such as how to keep disinfected and properly handle them with their injuries.
This won't be the end of the world for the babies, as long as proper wound treatment continues they will become confident again with some trust training. You may have to force some medical care on them but they will forgive you as they feel better!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If she is that aggressive I would dub her a rat that likes to be alone and home them accordingly. If you can take the babies to the vet they can help you with steps regarding the babies wounds such as how to keep disinfected and properly handle them with their injuries.
This won't be the end of the world for the babies, as long as proper wound treatment continues they will become confident again with some trust training. You may have to force some medical care on them but they will forgive you as they feel better!

Thanks so much for the information. I have decided to give Lilly to my boyfriend who has agreed to take care of her. I am going to be calling the vet sometime today and ask what all I need to do with the wounds on ther bodies. Again thank you for your comment! :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
❤ then you get to see her still! Glad that works out!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts