Rat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my little girls (both are 4 months old) is acting a little odd. She's happy and healthy and always wants to come out of the cage. We often have the girls out on the couch, and sometimes she explores for a little bit, but always ends up in one corner of the couch. She'll run to this corner and hunker down and just stay there. She doesn't look scared, but sometimes when you put your fingers up to her she turns her head away and semi-buries it behind the couch.

However, if I take her from her corner and put her into the hood of my jacket or inside my jacket she'll crawl and around and hang out. If you just move her somewhere else though, she goes scooting back to the corner.

We have a cat, so I guess she could be smelling him on the couch, but he doesn't normally lay there. Also, I would think most of the apartment smells like cat so she should be used to it.

What do you all think? Is it just a phase? She can sometimes be bribed with food, but sometimes she's just not interested. (I'm mostly wondering because she's really my husband's baby and he wants her to play with him and hang out in the worst way. I keep telling him to be patient, but I think he's worried she doesn't like him or something.)

·
Registered
10,641 Posts
Sounds like a safe zone. I found some of my rats (mostly girlies) went thru a phase at around 3-5 months where they seemed spooked part of the time. I think its just a phase, she'll come around I am sure :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts