Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so here's how it goes

I buy a cage mate for Adie (Sweet Pea)
I decided to spend money from my first pay check on a new rat (Blinkin)

Well..Sweet Pea hates Blinkin' and wants her dead.

So I was stuck in buying Blinkin' a cage mate (Ringo)

Ringo's quaranteen was up so I started introducing them.

At first everything was okay they were calmly sniffing eachother...and then Blinkin' attacked Ringo!

It's really frustrating. so here are my questions

Blinkin' is maybe in her teen/early adult years and Ringo is still little like maybe 10 in rat years. Do you think that has to do with Blinkin's behavior? Should I wait until Ringo is older?

I thought I was doing everything right...I did the whole neutral territory thing and the urine swapping thing but it always ends the same way...Blinkin' attacking and Ringo shaking in the corner.

Are there any other techniques I should try?

*note- Blinkin and Adie(1yr) get along just fine and Sweet Pea(close to 2 yrs) hates all rats that aren't Adie

Nikki >.<

·
Registered
109 Posts
You could try dabbing them each with vanilla to tone down their smells.

Sometimes things just don't work out. How many times have you tried introducing them? If you haven't tried very many times, you should keep working at it. However, if you've tried introducing them to each other alot and it still isn't working out, it probably won't work out at all. Other than that, I don't really know what to do.

Sorry for the pessimistic post...

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no it's okay lol

I've only tried three times so far...and I'll try that later today and see how it turns out

Nikki >.<

1 - 3 of 3 Posts