Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wheeeee!
Yippie
Gasp
Giggle
[wipes sweat from brow, and tears from eyes]

Wow- I decided to intro Gomez to the young (6th week) boys that I will be keeping.

LOLOL
So-
I bathed everybody (even the boys I'm Not keeping = 9 baths, first time for all- you can imagine...) with vanilla critter shampoo.
Both cages got cleaned.
Added a pleathora of new toys to the RatRomperRoom. After wiping down all the hardwood floor with unscented baby wipes.
Invited my sister to come over and help superivse. (she has been nailed Hard by rat/s before and is still fairly brave..lol)
Let baby boys run around for a little while and acclimate themselves. Finding small hidey spaces if needed, figuring out new toys, learning way around room.
Add Gomez -(after giving him a few minutes of mommy-snuggles) He wandered around a bit, played with a few of his favorite toys, and joined in when the 'kids' decided to play chase/wrestle. Aside from pinning each kid once or twice, and a couple bouts of Big/Gay-rat, things went as if they all grew up together.

So I decided to try putting the young'ns in Gomey's cage. He kinda stared at them as if to say "oooooookkk... um..." and then proceeded to again join the adventure/chase game. It's a Super Pet 24x24x40 with the 1" wire spacing. Well apparently I grow happy/huge boys. Nobody has even really tried to escape. I saw a couple 'trying on for size' maneuvers last night, but nobody actually going past eye-balls through bars. (whew)

After several hours of supervision I decided to go to bed, sleeping really lightly, listening for anything beyond "I-give!" and was pleasantly suprised to sleep through the night, without so much as a squeak that carried more than 10-20 feet.

:D 8O :D 8O :D 8O :D 8)

WOOO HOOO

A

·
Registered
132 Posts
Sounds like you have a great intro! Poor Gomez was prob wondering where they were all coming from and when it would stop! LOL!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah-
I am so glad he is a well socialized boy. He is soooo sweet. Loves to play and get skritches and groom me.

Oh and as an added bonus, he is teaching litter-training to the little heathens. He leads by example. :)

Anna

Oh and if anyone is interested in the last of our kids, check out our Website

1 - 3 of 3 Posts