Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, i went to the pet store for some rat supplies, and saw 2 rats that cought my eye, a black hairless dumbo (streaker) and idk what the other is, looks like a cape (hes not hooded) and a 2 toned face, and tried to manhandle my largest rat (3 lbs 5 oz) so he got the name 2 faced assassin and thier both 7 weeks old (not reaper, streaker and assassin are)

after i put them into the "play pen" all togeather, they sniffed a while, and after that, success! ^^ they get along, but the new guys are too small to put in the same cage yet :(

btw, when assassin was making his attempt, reaper blew him off like he didnt even notice it, so no one was hurt ^^)

point of this post... YAY! my gang all gets along now! :D

·
Registered
393 Posts
Purchasing rats from a pet store is usually not a very good idea. They are often sick. And if those rats you took home were sick... now all your rats are sick. Because you didn't quarantine. It was also very dangerous to do introductions so quickly. Please be more careful in the future.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the pet store I got my new guys from self breed, its not a big name shop, its family owned, and i know they take good care of thier livestock ^^

·
Registered
45 Posts
It's great that you have such a nice pet store in your town, but in the future a three week quarantine would still be a really good idea. Even the best cared for rats can come across diseases that don't always make themselves evident immediately. Some rats are even immune to illnesses that could prove dangerous to others, yet still carry them.

Pet store rats especially, because there's so much coming and going, they share a room with different animals and they're often handled by many people. It's easy for them to pick things up.

A month is a long time to wait, but better safe the sorry, right?

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
awww im glad ur gang get on fine!!

Jess x

1 - 5 of 5 Posts