Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine has a rat that’s really attached to her. His friend passed away so she is in the process of introducing him to a pair of baby rats. He doesn’t like them and will sometimes get aggressive with them (the babies and adult are in separate cages). The adult rat also will chew on his bars to get to his owner.

Does anyone know how to get him to accept the baby rats and to stop chewing on the bars of his cage?
Thank you

·
Registered
142 Posts
A friend of mine has a rat that’s really attached to her. His friend passed away so she is in the process of introducing him to a pair of baby rats. He doesn’t like them and will sometimes get aggressive with them (the babies and adult are in separate cages). The adult rat also will chew on his bars to get to his owner.

Does anyone know how to get him to accept the baby rats and to stop chewing on the bars of his cage?
Thank you
How old is the male rat and how long ago did his cage-mate die?
How old are the babies?
How did she introduce them?

She may have to wait until the babies get a bit bigger and can handle themselves.

Don't know what to tell you about his chewing the cage bars.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure how old the older one is, and his cage mate died about 2 weeks ago. Not sure of the babies age, I'll get you more information later.
Thank you for the response

1 - 3 of 3 Posts