Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ivy is sort of a rescue case. I got her off a local (new zealand) auction site, buying both her and the cage she was in. However, the cage was a mouse cage, as was her wheel. She had no variety in diet and was kept on her own.

Now she is in my big cage (soon to be added to), with my other six girls. She seems to be loving it, and I often see her curled up with one of my naughtiest rats, Tilly. She is still getting used to all the different foods I supply my girls with (lab blocks?! how strange and delicious! Peas? What are these miracle things?) and delights in running away with my biscuits, or the lid off Ziggy's medicine tube (regular tug of wars ensue, and she always looks heartbroken when I get it off her).

She has the most ridiculously curled tail from all the time in her wheel, where I suspect she spent much time due to boredom. It's slowly uncurling - because she has a bigger wheel now, and it doesn't occupy so much of her time now. She is so sweet and licky, and everybody who meets her instantly falls in love with her.

Anyway, here is my beautiful girl. She is a buff berkshire and approximately five months old.

Chewing on a tea towel.

Enjoying some baby food for the first time (after first licking it off my fingers).

Mid-clean.

The most logical place to sit, the dry mix bowl.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Lovely story, good to hear she's got someone to love her now! My new pet shop rescue hasn't figured out that peas are GOOD stuff.

·
Registered
626 Posts
What a sweetie pie! My girls often find the smallest, rediculous uncomfortable looking spots to sit as well!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts