Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

I'd like to introduce myself and my three ratties!

I have three male rats - an agouti dumbo, a pearl dumbo, and a silvermane dumbo!

*Agouti Dumbo*
Name: Bastien
Likes: Cuddles, treats, sleeping, sweater pouches, blanket forts, peanut butter treats, kisses
Dislikes: adventure, banana flavored treats

*Pearl Dumbo*
Name: Fenton (Fen)
Likes: jumping, climbing, escaping, tag, adventure, using me like a climbing tree, hoarding treats and food
Dislikes: cuddling (he only stays still to sleep), spinach, food in the bowl

*Silvermane dumbo*
Name: Tavey Keir
Truthfully, I pick him up this week, however I'm told he's very sweet and is a nice blend of my two older boys personalities thus far

As for myself, I'm a BSW candidate with two part time jobs in the field. I've always wanted rats however now I have the money to properly care and provide for them. I also have a dog - a Rottweiler beagle x - who is great with my rats (and any other rodent he's been introduced to)

I have an Instagram account specifically for the ratties, so if you're interested in seeing them, my/their instagram account name is the same as my username here!

Thanks for reading!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Out of curiosity, how does one distinguish a pearl, agouti or silvermane dumbo from one another? Are they just color variations or is there more to it?

And, hello, nice to meet you. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I found the "Rat variations, markings, and colors" post and have answered my own question. Amazing what a bit of reading will do. ;D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts