Rat Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, I just want to start my very first blog post by saying that I loooooove this forum! I'm definitely happy that I happened to stumble across it the other day while Googling rat toy ideas.

Now a little about myself. Hmmmm... Where to begin?

I'm currently a 5th-year college student working on my zoology degree. I only have two semesters left: woo hoo! I'm not sure what I want to do once I graduate, though I've interned and volunteered in the wildlife rehabilitation field, and I love it! Getting to nurse wild birds, raccoons, foxes, coyotes, etc back to health is so rewarding, not to mention it's way fun to work so closely with animals that one doesn't normally get to be close to.

I'm also quite the pet-lover. Growing up my family always had multiple pets, from dogs and cats to hamsters to turtles to chickens to goats. I have several animals in my family right now, and I love them all very much. ^_^

I had two female rats back in middle school: Jazmine and Mirage. They were such amazing pets! You have no idea how hard it was to originally convince my parents to let me get them, but once I did, my parents found out how awesome rats are!

For the last few months I've been thinking about having some ratties in my family again, and just last week I adopted Picket and Tubbs, two cutie males. I'm surprised at how tame they already are! And yesterday I discovered that they'll pretty much do anything for tiny pieces of dried banana.

I'm having so much fun with my little guys. I'm so happy I have rats back in my family!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts