Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Poor little Gotham. He's been all alone since his cage mates passed on a few months ago. He is over 2 years old and has two tumors that hinder his movement somewhat. He is very snuggly and I spend time with him daily. I think he's still lonely, though. I have baby ratties that will be ready to mingle in about 3 weeks. Should I give him a new, very young cage mate? Or will it be too much? What do you think?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
If I did try, I'd probably try with two of the babies... so they can entertain each other if he's not up for it. :)

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Forensic said:
If I did try, I'd probably try with two of the babies... so they can entertain each other if he's not up for it. :)
I agree. That's my only regret with introducing a 5 month old to a 15 month old... 3 months on and sometimes the older one just doesn't want to play right now. I wish I'd introduced two 5 month olds.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I think the younger you introduce the babies, the less threatened the older male feels aswell so is more likely to accept them :)
Alphie (who is only 1ish) met my two baby boys and they thought he was their mum hahah, and he just loved them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts