Rat Forum banner

Introducing question

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  clarry 
#1 ·
Poor little Gotham. He's been all alone since his cage mates passed on a few months ago. He is over 2 years old and has two tumors that hinder his movement somewhat. He is very snuggly and I spend time with him daily. I think he's still lonely, though. I have baby ratties that will be ready to mingle in about 3 weeks. Should I give him a new, very young cage mate? Or will it be too much? What do you think?

#3 ·
Forensic said:
If I did try, I'd probably try with two of the babies... so they can entertain each other if he's not up for it. :)
I agree. That's my only regret with introducing a 5 month old to a 15 month old... 3 months on and sometimes the older one just doesn't want to play right now. I wish I'd introduced two 5 month olds.

#5 ·
I think the younger you introduce the babies, the less threatened the older male feels aswell so is more likely to accept them :)
Alphie (who is only 1ish) met my two baby boys and they thought he was their mum hahah, and he just loved them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.