Rat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my Daisy passed away two days ago, and I have gotten two new ratties in the meantime. They're both well over 5 weeks, the one has already had a litter of babies (was an accident). My two girls don't mind the new additions whatsoever it seems. But primala, my new alpha, is a different story. I know that fighting is normal, and the screaming and such. But I'm beginning to wonder if Primala won't ever accept the new rats. It's only been a couple of days, but I've tried introducing on neutral ground, in the carrier and so on and so forth.

I'm wondering if she has territorial issues, because she won't even interact with them at all hardly in the cat carrier or when I have them all on my bed. But once they're all in the cage together, primala seems as though she's just picking fights with the new rats. She will arch her back and walk sideways, which seems very aggressive. But there hasn't been any blood yet. The rats are totally submissive and try their best to run away. I'm worrying because I don't want to have to bring these new rats back to the pet store because primala refuses to get along with them.

When I first brought primala and her sister into my mischief, Daisy was my alpha. And by the end of the first day they were all good and snuggling together.

Do you guys have any advice?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So as of today, Primala is attacking my oldest PEW girl I have and actually stratched her to the point where some fur is missing. I'm wondering what I should do, if I should seperate Primala from the other girls or what.. She's never attacked any rat before but i'm assuming that its also because my girls are upset they lost their cagemate.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts