Rat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I'm relatively new to the world of rats - I've had my first pair of boys for about six months now. Musket tends to be a little more timid and a little less cuddly. He was originally a feeder rat and didn't get handled properly, so working with him has been a little tough, but I love him all the same. Buchanan, or Beau, is really affectionate and playful. He tends to be pretty laid back.
Originally they were cagemates, but due to some aggressive behavior they've been separated for the time being. I'm hoping once I've re-worked with Musket that he'll be a little less aggressive, but we'll see how that goes;;

I've been lurking here for a lot of my information, so far, and I'm lookin' forward to learning a lot more.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Hello and welcome! I started as a lurker too. If you haven't already, Rat Daddy's Immersion thread has tons of great info about bonding with your rats, which might be helpful for Musket. :)

·
Registered
365 Posts
I've been reading that thread and trying stuff in it, but I really wanna know if I'm doing it right. The responses from my biter boy Bender are somewhat mixed, and maybe he and I are both sending mixed signals! Anyhow, this is a great site, isn't it? So many active friendly people.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jessiferatu -
I will definitely check it out, thanks for the recommendation!

Mojojuju -
Good luck with Bender! The communication barrier is tough, but connecting and growing in understanding is really exciting.

And thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.