Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 7 week old male(Olly) that i am trying to introduce to my 11 month old boy(Moose). Quarintene went well, They were introduced on neutral territory(4 times), and all went very well, alot of bum sniffing. They were intro'ed on non-neutral territory(2 times), my bed and things went about the same. I finally super cleaned and re-arranged Moose's cage 2 days ago and tried to intro them in the cage. Moose was good for about 5 minutes then he got very interested in Olly, and started rolling him on his back and holding him down. I was worried he was being too rough and removed Olly to his temp cage, and tried again last night and the same thing happened.

Is this normal behavior for introductions? I dont want Olly to get hurt, or be afraid of Moose....
And what else(other behaviors) can i expect while introducing?
Thanks in advance
Amber

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
My mum brought 3 female ratties and a week later brought 2 more female ratties ..she introduced them buy putting the 3 orginal ratties on top of them new ratties cage and letting them explore like that then after 40 minutes or so she let the original ratties into the new ratties cage moniterd them for a while tried them all in the big cage together and all has been fine since
Jess x

·
Registered
981 Posts
Some squabbling should be normal for newly introduced rats. Actually, my rats still do exactly what you said there. As long as you see no blood you should be ok.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts