Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am bringing my new boys home Thursday as long as it all goes as planned. I currently have 2 boys who are 9 weeks old today (12/2). I am very worried about how the introductions are going to go. The first and only rat introductions I have done were with my first group of boys and my very first rat. My very first rat was turned out to be very rat aggressive to the point he couldn't be in the same room as the rats. He was only 12 weeks when we tried to do introductions. It got to the point when he was out he would try to charge and attack the boys cage whenever he got the chance but was a sweetheart to humans. Anyway that is why I am so worried about these new boys meeting my current boys. Any tips, hints, stories, or advice of any form would help a lot.

Thank you

·
Premium Member
4,287 Posts
Generally speaking you should have no issues introducing baby bucks to other baby bucks. You were clearly very unlucky with your last lad. Usually introducing any sex of kittens is a case of stick them in the cage together where they will instantly be the best of friends and start playfighting.

If your new boys are from a place that quarentines themselves then you don't need to quaretine, in which case the best method is to take your current lads along for the pick up and put them all in the carrier together on the way home (its great for bonding), you can bring a spare carrier along just in case but it should go well.

Other than that the carrier method guide covers pretty much all my tips and tricks lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts