Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the 2 babies have been in quarantine just a few days short of 3 weeks. Every rattikin in the house appears to be happy and healthy. I introduced each others smell with something out of the cages. That went well. Everyone had playtime in the bathroom (new place for everyone) and other than the normal sniffing and checking out everything went well there too. I now have the quarantine cage in the same room as the FN. My questions are these...
-How big (size/age) do the babies need to be to defend themselves?
-What is too rough? I know if I see blood I need to intervene.
The only thing I did notice and it didnt last long was a weird noise from one of the older girls. It wasnt a hissing, and I really dont know how to explain the noise, just like short puffs of air. Hopefully someone will know what Im talking about. No one puffed up at any time and after a bit didnt pay much attention to each other in the bathroom.
How many days/week should they be playing together out side of the cage before introducing the babies to the older girls cage.
I feel like the babies are just so tiny and Im scared of my girls hurting them, specially the double rex. I did read the introductions threads and I am trying to do everything right but was not sure about those few questions. Sorry this was so long, I didnt want to leave any info out :)

·
Registered
327 Posts
Re: Introductions

I dont know about ages when babies can be introduced but the huffing and puffing is normal.... i think its just like 'im not sure about you, keep outta my face for now'
All mine have done it when being intro'd and recently had it a couple of months back when intro'ing angel to hunni.
Hunni was not impressed for a few days.
They had the odd face off but nothing major, just very vocal.

ive not had a really young baby..all been about 6 weeks onwards.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Introductions

Yea, thats what I was unsure about. All my other inroductions were fairly easy. I think Im just extra nervous cause theyre babies. I dont wanna wait too long simply cause I know the younger the newbies are the easier sometimes. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts