Rat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 6 female rats and at the moment, they are living as 2 groups of 3.
I have tried introducing them all before, and its perfectly fine in the neutral area-bearly any scuffles at all, they mainly groom eachother, or sit in a corner all snuggled together.

So i thought it was all good, so i completely cleaned out the cage and re-arranged it. The plan was for them all to go in together...
It didn't work out.

Echo was being bitchy and was picking on the two youngest ones. They were freaking out, would freeze up if echo went near them, or would try and run away. They would literally climb right to the top of the cage and cling to the bars, not moving until echo had gone down onto the bottom level of the cage...

So now i don't know what to do! >.<
Help?

·
Registered
870 Posts
I have two things you can try. First, put each set of three in the other set's cage for a week. You could switch back and forth two or three times before trying to combine them again. If that doesn't work, you can try putting everyone but Echo together for a week or two, then reintroduce Echo again. I did this when I had one little brat that was trying to send two new rats packing. Once everyone else accepted them, she was much better about it.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thankyou :) i think i will try the idea about housing echo alone for a bit while the others are all together.

I hope it works!

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm going to try it during these next two weeks. I'm off college for easter so i feel that now is the best time because i'll have loads of time to keep trying if it doesnt work out! X

1 - 5 of 5 Posts