Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey after just gettin my new 8 week old girlie. ((shes was in quarentine at my nans house)) I was wondering if its best to introduce her to both my girls at once , or seperatly ? They met briefly on my shoulder earlier.

Also if only one attacks her. Is puffing up and that. And the new one is squeling alot. What should i do ?

Just asking before anything can go badly wrong lol.

The intros between those two girls went great.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
try introducing them all in a neutral place... the bathtub or your bed are good options. make sure you have something handy to separate them should any fighting start, example, towel to drop on them or cardboard to physically separate them... or you could be stupid like me and pick one up.
also, keep the little one in the cage right next to your existing girls cage, that way they can get used to each others smells.
when you feel that the time is right, give the permanent cage a thorough cleaning and completely redecorate. dab some vanilla essence on all your ratties, put the new one into the cage first to let her explore, then put the older girls in. hopefully the cleaning, redecorating and vanilla will make them forget there is a new rat in "their" home.
be prepared though, there will be some squabbling, but it should sort itself out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts