Rat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this weekend is the end of three weeks quarentine.

My question, our first rat is neutered but the other two are not. They are def a little rowdier than buddy.

I am worried for buddy getting steam rolled by the new guys.

What can I do to make sure that all goes well.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
put them in a neutral place to start with... on your bed, in the bath... somewhere you can either grab a picked-on rat or put a barrier between the fighters.

and take it slow... it could take another few weeks for them all to accept each other, and there's the possibility they might not...

·
Registered
84 Posts
oh i hate introductions, i leave them up to the fiance. he did exactly as crapola recommended. im too big of a wimp to let my ratties squabble a bit. when i see tufts of hair flying (only once in awhile it happens) it freaks me out. hm....

yes, i have one lone rat. he refuses to get along with any of my 5 boys so he lives alone :(

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I am the same way cashewsmama LoL but I have had fairly good luck with intro's up untill I got Bill he is jsut mean LoL. then there was Steve-O but he was nuetered and everything he just hated other rats. I currently have four unaltered males in one cage and three unaltered males in another cage with no issues except normal dominance play.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
we did initial intros and well everybody was good. They did alot of sniffing and exploring in the bathroom. That was about it. Going to do some more tonight.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
When i introduced my two rats Sniffs and Sebastian they were great outside of the cage but when I put them together Sebastian was terrified of Sniffs so to help him get over it I smeared both of the with baby food. It was a mess but once they were covered I put the back in the cage and took all hiding places away from sebastian and let them groom eachother. Since then they are the best of friends.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was told seperating them at the end of the night and putting them back together was a bad idea. Is this true?

I was also told biting is bad.

The two un-neutered rats seems as if they are picking on buddy (the neutered one) and he just takes it. Eveutually he will stick himself in a corner.

What should we do? They were getting pretty rough last night and its just worrying me that they will not all be able ot live together.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts