Rat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My youngest rat (Ryuu) has what I believe to be a tumor on her chest by her right front leg I wanted to get other people's oppinions, because I don't no what would be best for her Either putting her to sleep or having her operated on. I have heard lots of horrible stories about rats dieing during operations and I don't want it to effect her life afterwards for the worst or even have her die during or after the operation. But she's only 1 year old so she's very young and It would kill me to see her die so very young :( ... Opinions welcomed ... Thank you x

·
Registered
870 Posts
First off, her first mammary tumor is unlikely to be her last. At one year old, I would definitely get it removed. As she gets older it will become increasingly dangerous to have surgery, so for each tumor you will have to assess her health, age, and other factors to make this decision, but I would definitely go for surgery at least until the rat is over 1 1/2 years of age, after that it becomes harder to decide what is for the best, in my opinion. Love and luck to both of you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts