Rat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a bag of dried fruit at the store and I was wondering if all the fruits are ok for the rats. They are dried pinapple, cranberries, cherries, apples, ans raisins. they are in little tiny peices, and I was going to give them a tiny scoop every day/ every other day.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Did you get the dried fruit from an organic store? Make sure to always check labels - never give your rats dried fruit that contains extra sugar or corn syrup.

Fresh fruit and veggies would be better to feed daily.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
my ratties get freeze-dried diced up apples, bananas, and strawberries mixed in with their food. i keep excess frozen to keep it fresh, avoid mold, and preserve vitamins. as long as the fruit doesn't have added sugar like night says, it should be fine. i do this because i know that my rats don't get fresh fruits and veggies every day (like days when i work 14 hours at a whack, etc), so i def think it's a grand idea. :D

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
OnlyOno said:
my ratties get freeze-dried diced up apples, bananas, and strawberries mixed in with their food. i keep excess frozen to keep it fresh, avoid mold, and preserve vitamins. as long as the fruit doesn't have added sugar like night says, it should be fine. i do this because i know that my rats don't get fresh fruits and veggies every day (like days when i work 14 hours at a whack, etc), so i def think it's a grand idea. :D
Frozen veggies/fruit are also fantastic during the summer - healthy snacks that help cool down hot ratties.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi, I give all my rats dried fruit. I give it to them as a treat when they are out of the cage. That way when they go back I dont have hunt around the cage for left over fruit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts