Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to put a metal mesh on the cage because the little ones can squeeze out. It is being held on with zip ties but Ginger likes to chew them off. The only thing that works to deter that is bitter apple.

The only problem is that Wafer LOVES the stuff. When Ginger chews, I first try the verbal warning, "Ginger NO!". Of course that doesn't work (she immediately starts chewing again) so I spray the zip tie she is chewing.

As soon as Wafer hears, "Ginger NO!" she gets really excited because she knows the spray is coming. As soon as the spray gets put on, the other rats recoil in horror from the terrible smell while Wafer comes bouncing up to it, rubbing her head on it, rolling around, licking it, and acting like a cat with catnip.

She does lick it. Is it harmful at all?

·
Registered
624 Posts
Haahahaa, oh my gosh. That sounds hilarious. xD

·
Registered
190 Posts
It sounds like rat nip!

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Man that stuff is baaad lol It doesn't work with mine either, they come running to lick it all off the baseboards while I'm choking on the fumes that have gotten through the wadded up shirt I was using as a mask.Whats worse is if you've not washed your hands properly and put a finger in your mouth, bleh!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts