Rat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rat French is a male dumbo who just turning 5 months. I recently was forced to give him a bath because he'd gotten something sticky in his fur during play time (still don't know what it was). When I gave him a bath I noticed he had a lot of little clump build ups on him all over his back and rump area.

I had a lice problem with my rats about a year ago, since then there haven't been any issues, but I'm fearful it might have reoccurred.However because he's just turning 5 months and a male, I can't figure out if he just has an abnormal amount of grease or if it's lice. He's been grooming normally, but I have noticed he has been smellier recently (another reason i think it may just be grease). I haven't noticed any odd behaviors, no scratching or sores on him. I'm sure I'm just being paranoid because the last time there was a lice issue I lost a real sweet baby because of it. I'm hoping that coming on here I can get some other opinions.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
It looks like its just buck grease but if you want some reassurance you can buy some Oral Ivermectin off amazon to kill the lice.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts