Rat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok well ive had my little boys for like....well i cant be bothered to figure out but 2 weeks before halloween and i take them out for like 4 hours (depends if im seein friends, but at least 2 hours) a day and i keep hearin stories about your rats runnin around and chasing ur hands and playing games with ypu, but when i take them out they normally just hide under a coushion and fall asleep, sometimes wakingup and scurying across the sofa and going back to the coushion. should i be trying to get them to play more and run around or shall i just leave it. just to say they are like 2-3 months old.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Do they act afraid of you at all? If not, they may just be being squishy boys. :)

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no there not afraind, i just put them down and thay fall aspleep right there and then lol. ye i think the just big squishys!

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
I honestly wouldn't worry, it's taken a long time to get some of my mini-munchkins out of their shells and playing around - heck, some of them don't even bother! they're quite content running off for half an hour and then running back when it's time to go home.

Just be gentle with them - see what they like and use that to deturmine how to play with them. For example, Lily loves chasing after bits of ribbon and toys, Jack and Gus prefer a tickle and Andy chases fingers. All of them are different.

Patience is a virtue when it comes to bringing out your rats personalities. Eventually they'll show you what they like and you can enjoy it with them :)

Speak of the devil, Gus is sitting on my laptop getting his tail in my way while I'm typing. Little git!

·
Registered
482 Posts
I know how you feel! Addo is a big fat squishy, just lazes around on me or my boyfriend... or scurries across the living room eating the carpet, and Ed is hyperactive!

Ed is veerryyy slowly starting to play with me.. but we'll see.

Good luck!

·
Registered
527 Posts
i've had my rats for 2 months, and they usually sleep on my lap when i take them out for their 60 min + "playtime".

what makes this really remarkable is that they're girls. 8O

however, when someone other than me handles them, they tend to get really frisky, and when they see me again, they run to me and climb up my shirt to perch on my shoulder.

they think i'm their tree-house or something. xD

1 - 7 of 7 Posts