Rat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always had males and have never had a pink eyed rat. My newest addition is Mia a PEW. My boys have always come around a little faster than he. My youngest boys still get a little spooked but even my ruby eyed ones don't act like they didn't even know i was coming. I'm not sure if she just cant see me very well and that's why she is so afraid or if she just doesn't like me? Pip my original female was only 3 weeks when i got her and she became rather attached rather quickly but not Mia. My boys are so easy compared to her. She is my 7th rat and the other six were all a breeze in comparison. She wont take food from me, she won't come to my hand even to sniff it, she won't eat if i'm in the room, but if my cats get close to the cage she runs over and starts going crazy sniffing them trying to grab at them. Is it just me or is she just depressed since she hasn't been introduced to Pip because she was in quarantine?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have heard (I have only had females so I don't know this for sure) that males are more lap pets then females. Also PEW can not see as well as others and I noticed that my PEW Stickers tends to be more shy than her cagemate Houdini. For awhile try sitting by the cage just doing something quietly like reading a book or texting etc, do this for maybe an hour everyday so she gets used to you then after maybe three days see if she starts showing signs of warming up to the thought of you, thats what I began doing, my rats are still a bit snippy with me but at least they are beginning the process of learning to be comfortable with me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts