Rat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two rats. I took one of them to the vet because she was sneezing a lot, and they told me to give her some medicine and keep them away from each other for atleast a week. Will both of them be fine without each other?

·
Registered
501 Posts
A common upper respiratory infection won't be contagious between them, as almost all domesticated rats already carry the bacteria that causes it (mycoplasma). So you do not need to separate them.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A common upper respiratory infection won't be contagious between them, as almost all domesticated rats already carry the bacteria that causes it (mycoplasma). So you do not need to separate them.
The vet that i took her to is specialized in rats and she told me that there is something serious. Will they be fine without each other? :(

·
Registered
823 Posts
The vet that i took her to is specialized in rats and she told me that there is something serious. Will they be fine without each other? :(
I had to do that with Turvy and Gigi once. I gave each of them extra time with me whie they were apart, and their reunion was one of the best things I've ever seen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts