Rat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... for two different rats to father a litter? I'm curious as I just had an accidental litter from a female who had been exposed to multiple different looking males, so I'm wondering if their could be offspring from two or more of the males.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just less than twenty four hours! I heard some odd little squeeking at about 10:30 lastnight, and there were two little babies in there. I went to bed, let her do her thing, and woke up to eight little pink blobs in there this morning.:)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
They are adorable! Congrats on the babies. It gets easier to sex them once they get alittle fuzzy and u can easily see the girls nipples. Then later the boys are super obvious lol

Keeping them all? lol

·
Registered
208 Posts
Aww what cuties! Do you have any homes lined up yet? I would have such a hard time not keeping them all! I did when my cookie had her litter of 16 cuties (I still have recurrent nightmares of piles of baby rats even though that was years ago) ;D keep us updated!
Do you have pictures/descriptions of the possible father(s)?

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wish I could keep them all! But I would.. ahem.. have twenty one rats then! xD I think that's a little much.
My dad said he'll probably take any females, so if I am correct, that will be three thay have homes. I do have an ad posted for my area, unfortunately nobody has replied.. but that means fortunately nobody has asked for them as feeders!
It's actually any of my five original boys that could be the father.... somebody put Mum (short for Mumzy, strangely appropriate name, haha) in the wrong cage and I didn't notice 'till the next day. Just my luck she was in heat at that moment. Ugh. -_- Soo, I've got a beige dumbo rex, agouti, PEW, and whatever you call the PEW with brown noses. All but one of the babies appear to be dark in colour so I think Nixon (agouti) succeeded.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Soo, I've got a beige dumbo rex, agouti, PEW, and whatever you call the PEW with brown noses. All but one of the babies appear to be dark in colour so I think Nixon (agouti) succeeded.
White with a brown nose, is either himalayan or siamese.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
So what's the difference between himalayan and siamese, then?

The three girls and the four boys.:) One of the boys passed away while I was gone.:( Definitely not what I expected for colours, though!
And that last photo is Mum.:3

Attachments

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm thinking at least one is a dumbo, I won't be able to post any photos right now, I have to go and delete some from older posts.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Okay umm so fraido (hoping I don't creep you out) I found your thread about your
grandparents and having the boys, I need to know what happened. After realizing it was your thread I am now curious to if they know about the babies

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Lol, Cookiebear. We all creep, so no worries.;)
Where did I leave off in that thread? My grandfather bringing me the little bird cage? I'll start from there... so, everyone was out there yelling at each other, specifically my dad and my grandfather, and I was just all horrified, crying in my room. (Awkward to share, I'll be honest.) It didn't last long, everything eventually went quiet and my grandfather left me alone for awhile. Come July, my boyfriend came to stay for the month, and about halfway through my grandfather told me that he had to go home, refused to give me a reason, he just said "because that's the way it is," and "go cry about it if you want." Which, quite frankly, was pretty rude since all I asked for was a reason. So, I wrote him a letter (much easier for me to express my thoughts rationally, and without the possibility of getting angry and yelling or crying or something) expressing my frustrations with that, as there was really no reason I could see for making him leave. I left the letter on the kitchen table and he eventually came knocking at my bedroom door. What he told me was that I "never listen" and "always turn my nose up at him", which obviously ticks me right off because, I am not a bad kid. I don't constantly disobey either of my grandparents, I always listened to them and my rats are the only thing I have not listened to him about, because my animals are the one thing that I care about, they keep me happy. So I don't appreciate my grandfather trying to tell me I NEVER listen. That just hurts my feelings. But anyways, that escalated from there, my dad came down and him and my grandfather were just screaming at each other, and I was in the middle of it trying to make my dad stop. Me being sensitive, I was crying, eventually even my grandmother was crying because she just wanted my grandfather to leave me alone, and in the end I was just told to not worry about anything anymore. Keep the rats to myself, and keep them clean. Once I finish school I'll be moving back in with my mom, anyways.
So, yeah. They don't know about most of my rats, just the five boys. But I'm keeping them to myself, and I'm keeping them clean.

Pictures will be soon! I finally got on my laptop.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I'm glad that (despite the dramatic arguments) you weren't forced to leave your boys.. Though of course I would never advocate for sneaking animals into houses, I find it rather amusing that for so long they were in the house-never causing a problem and the issue they had wasn't about the sneaking. Anyway, I was rooting for you as I feel the same way about my animals. I'd be lost without my babies :)
Does it still look like three girls and five boys?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts