Rat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I only have one rat right now, but I really want to get another one so Artemis won't be lonely. Is my cage big enough to house 2 rats? Its dimensions:

24 inches tall
17 inches wide
14 inches depth

It also has three levels. Here's a pic:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Try the rat cage calculator sticky that will tell you how many boy or girl rats will fit in your cage. all you have to do is punch in the dimensions. good luck. =]

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I tried that, but sadly it said only one rat could fit. :( Is that true!? I really don't want to have to buy another cage if I get a second rat.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I'm afraid so, I've seen that cage in person and it's far too small for two rats. :(

However, it will be of good use to you in the future, so do keep it. It could be used as a quarantine cage, hospital cage, vet visit cage(though may be a bit bulky for that), overnight cage for short trips outside the house.

For rats, it's almost needed to have multiple cages of different sizes, so it as gonna happen eventually.

·
Registered
411 Posts
It is probably a good cage for a couple of baby rats for a little while. Eventually you'll want the biggest cage possible, especially if you have boys. They'll grow so much.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dang. Well, maybe I can sell it to somebody, since I don't think I'll be having babies or lots of new rats.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts