Rat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I have two rats, Venus and Dex, both about 3/4 months, girls. They adapted to their new home within the first few weeks after I got them and they seem genuinely happy and healthy so far!
I was considering getting a new rat so they could develop a proper hierarchy. I heard you need to have at least two rats but it's better to have three or more.
I was wondering if my cage is big enough for 3 rats?
My bed is right next to the cage and I let them out to play on my bed for at least 2 hours a day.

I usually have a big ferret hammock/tunnel hung up inside the cage (right where the small green hammock is) but it's currently being washed.
Both of my rats sleep together in the green Sputnik but if I were to get a third rat, I'd get a bigger one so they could all fit in.

·
Registered
64 Posts
what is the cage size? i think the minimum size for 2 rats is w80xd50xh70cm
for 3-4 rats it is w80xd50xh80, this is what is recommended in the netherlands.
i think the floorspace from this cage looks a bit small, but i don't know the size.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what is the cage size? i think the minimum size for 2 rats is w80xd50xh70cm
for 3-4 rats it is w80xd50xh80, this is what is recommended in the netherlands.
i think the floorspace from this cage looks a bit small, but i don't know the size.
Hmmm... Yeah, mine is definitely smaller. We were considering getting a bigger cage so I'll wait until then. Thank you very much!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello!
I have two rats, Venus and Dex, both about 3/4 months, girls. They adapted to their new home within the first few weeks after I got them and they seem genuinely happy and healthy so far!
I was considering getting a new rat so they could develop a proper hierarchy. I heard you need to have at least two rats but it's better to have three or more.
I was wondering if my cage is big enough for 3 rats?
My bed is right next to the cage and I let them out to play on my bed for at least 2 hours a day. View attachment 305866
I usually have a big ferret hammock/tunnel hung up inside the cage (right where the small green hammock is) but it's currently being washed.
Both of my rats sleep together in the green Sputnik but if I were to get a third rat, I'd get a bigger one so they could all fit in.
Yes definitely good job btw your rats must be happy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts