Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys was wondering if you could think of anything else to put in the cage. Im going to add a second bottle and water bowl as well as hammocks. Anything else?

Please note I have done the calculations and in this cage my girls have a bit more that 3.5 cubic feet each. It's only them in it so hopefully for my two girls this will be a good starting point :)

Just so you know, now they've moved into there that there has been litter and bedding added :)

·
Registered
787 Posts
It looks like you have a good start to me! It's hard to tell scale, though. Are those the small Sputniks (8 inches / 20 cm)? If so, very young rats will like them but they'll likely be too small for adult rats.

The Large Sputniks/Space Pods (11 inches / 28 cm) are more appropriate for fully grown rats.

You might be able to provide a little more climbing opportunities with lava ledges, bendy rope perches, and rope cargo nets.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looks like you have a good start to me! It's hard to tell scale, though. Are those the small Sputniks (8 inches / 20 cm)? If so, very young rats will like them but they'll likely be too small for adult rats.

View attachment 302322

The Large Sputniks/Space Pods (11 inches / 28 cm) are more appropriate for fully grown rats.

You might be able to provide a little more climbing opportunities with lava ledges, bendy rope perches, and rope cargo nets.
Yes those are the smaller sputniks that my hamsters had but don't use. I've been looking everywhere for XL sputniks. I had one for my males but the feet broke so I threw it away when they passed.

Still keeping an eye out for them though :)

Any sites you'd recommend for rat accessories?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts