Rat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I got this sweetie from a pet store (she was selling to be a feeder). They said she was 4-5 weeks old. She was in an 8g tank with one more girl and 7 boys. Is she pregnant? here's a photo of her tum.

·
Registered
Hulu, Dibs, Sprout, & Mochi
659 Posts
She does not look like it but I would monitor her and see if she gets bigger. Also, (I may be wrong) but I think that they cant get pregnant that young

·
Registered
162 Posts
She needs a friend!!! It sounds like she doesn't have a friend. Rats are socil and need other rats.

Reactions: VivDaRatLuver

·
Registered
162 Posts
Because they are fairly stupid and don't care about animal welfare.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Ahhhhh! I just saw that. Thanks for the clarification.

·
Registered
Cloud and Dew (Pearl Merle and American Mink, both with Irish markings)!
218 Posts
I’m so sorry if this comes across as rude, it’s really not meant that way, but lots of us on the forum recommended in one of your posts that you not adopt feeder rats. We had valid reasons for this, this being one of them. I just ask that if you aren’t going to listen to our opinions, that you don’t make a post in the first place. :)

·
Registered
Hulu, Dibs, Sprout, & Mochi
659 Posts
I’m so sorry if this comes across as rude, it’s really not meant that way, but lots of us on the forum recommended in one of your posts that you not adopt feeder rats. We had valid reasons for this, this being one of them. I just ask that if you aren’t going to listen to our opinions, that you don’t make a post in the first place. :)
I agree with this statement 100%. I know that you are young and your parents might not let you but if you can plz adopt your rat from a shelter or from a good reputable breeder that breeds to improve the fancy rat.

·
Registered
Cloud and Dew (Pearl Merle and American Mink, both with Irish markings)!
218 Posts
I agree with this statement 100%. I know that you are young and your parents might not let you but if you can plz adopt your rat from a shelter or from a good reputable breeder that breeds to improve the fancy rat.
I agree. When possible, PLEASE rescue or adopt from a breeder who breeds for well temperament and health.

·
Registered
162 Posts
In @RatCrazyGirl 's defense, she might not have acess to a breeder or rescue and she needs help.

·
Registered
162 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
OK.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I understand, just.... like she said in her signature she is only in 5th grade.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yes, that was my thinking.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts