Rat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rat is on about her 21st day of pregnancy and there are a few things that are kind of worrying me about her. First of all for the past like 4 days her vagina has been obviously open and the whole area around her vulva/butt is swollen Also, over the last couple days she has become very lethargic, not that I blame her SHE'S HUGE, but she will only kind of crawl/drag herself small distances i.e. to the water. Now for the last day or so she has taken on a Staring Coat and doesn't seem to want to eat as much. Am i just being paranoid? does all this means she is just getting really close to having them ... or should I be worried. She is drinking, she is not bleeding anywhere (yet), and she still seems to have good color everywhere she just seems sooo tired or something.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok I took this pic of her on Friday and it was the next day (Yesterday) she stopped standing up like this for treats... I know she is moving a bit still though because every once in a while when I check her she has pulled her big belly up onto her igloo and is laying there I did give her some dog food thinking it might perk her up a little and it did for a minute but she is right back to sleeping and moping around .... Should I be worried?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,287 Posts
Yes this isn't normal for a pregnant girl. My girls are typically active and we'll right up to a few hours before birth when they tend to get a bit clingy to there nest. She sounds unwell. Do you know she's definitely pregnant. I've come across a girl who had closed pyometra which looked like pregnancy but was a horrific womb infection.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am about 98% sure .... I know she was with a boy for about 3ish days and everything has progressed normally she started to really show at about 2 weeks and she seemed to grow each day and it was just yesterday when she really started to slow down I believe her first due date would be today that's why I was wondering if she was just getting ready and resting up because like i said she is huge and if I were to pick her up she is super heavy. I just hope that my worrying isn't stressing her out :/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.