Rat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new rat owner of only two months with three adult boys, so i am very uncertain!
One of my rats has been getting cuts on his eyes or what i think are cuts. I clean them and they linger maybe a few days and then he's fine. But I worry its porphyrin because theres been a decent amount of sneezing going on (maybe once every few hours?) from one of them or maybe all of them. its only one eye that looks like its cut around the water line and its happened twice in the past month
I just got new bedding last week so maybe that's the sneezing?
THe rat that gets cut is also the least outgoing and always has been, so its difficult to get him to sit still for me to thoroughly investigate
Can anyone help? I'm very worried!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also they nearly always squeak when grooming each other
are they hurting one another? is it just playful?? Is that where this possibly cut came from?

·
Registered
555 Posts
What kind of bedding did you get? Maybe it's a little dusty and causing them to sneeze.

As far as the squeaking when they groom each other, that's normal. It's forced grooming and them squeaking is basically their way of saying "no!don't!" Which is fine and nothing to worry about unless they draw blood while fighting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts