Rat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if im just being really paranoid or if she is actually pregnant...
Rat Vertebrate Mammal Mouse Muridae
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content
Leg Arm Footwear Human leg Foot
Canidae Dog Dog breed Tail Non-Sporting Group
Stairs Cage

I mean, i look at her and think 'shes deffo pregnant' and then for some reason i don't believe my self. I probably have issues but whatever.

Anyway, heres some background info: she was mated with last Monday which means she's nearly into her third week of her pregnancy. She missed her heat cycle twice. Her behavior has changed (she wont let me pick her up), and she quite clearly has a bump...but i still don't believe myself, i keep thinking she's just put on weight, so i need your views guys!

Im getting everything ready, I've ordered a birthing box, food bowls, everything has to be ready before it begins.

This means next week end (should be one of either days) it's likely she'll give birth...if she's pregnant. Just in-case she is, i have friends who would like some to keep as pets.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I can't really see from the pictures but are her nipples more visible than usual? It so, I'd say she's pregnant but you probably want a more experienced member tell you for sure.

·
Premium Member
4,287 Posts
Her stretching photo does look pregnant. i would move get out into her nursing cage on the mooninmorning of day 21perhaps woth a friend to settle in but then leave her on her on day 22 on. Useually they give birth between day 22 and 24 but it can vary a bit

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you guys. Her nipples aren't too visable yet, but i'll see what happens in the third week. I think she is pregnant because of the shape of her abdomen, it was a bit of a sudden change. I believe it might get bigger or not because she might just be having a small litter.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
I hope everything turns out good but just remember that talk of breeding on this forum is strictly forbidden.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey I joined this so I could ask for help but I can't make a new thread? So mostly unrelated but could someone help me with advise as a first time breeder. My girl is just about a year old and I've read theres risks for late in life pregnacy specially as her first- but every site has a different opinion, how risk is it? My girls are both healthy and energetic is there ways of knowing whether its a particularly bad idea to breed an older female?
Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.