Rat Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Oh no, sorry to hear about the babies.
My advice would be a) contact a breeder (not necessarily of hairless rats although that would be ideal) and get some advice about what to feed them, what equipment to use, how often to feed them, etc.
or b) perhaps someone here on the forum who has had some experience with this will answer these questions for you.
Maybe Tinytoes would have some good advice?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Oh no, sorry to hear about the babies.
My advice would be a) contact a breeder (not necessarily of hairless rats although that would be ideal) and get some advice about what to feed them, what equipment to use, how often to feed them, etc.
or b) perhaps someone here on the forum who has had some experience with this will answer these questions for you.
Maybe Tinytoes would have some good advice?
Sorry it took ages to respond I didn't have Internet for a while. all the babies are fine now as she started to produce milk a few hours later and they seem like they are all going to live :)
Gesture Finger Thumb Nail Wrinkle
Carnivore Dog breed Comfort Grey Fawn

·
Registered
Oliver Bean, Phyllis, Waffle, Taco, Atlas, Cirrus, Orion
2,493 Posts
Please let us know how they are doing now; I know this is very stressful. Is the momma feeding them regularly? Is she spending a lot of time laying with them and making sure they are eating? Milk bands are hard to see sometimes. I would not recommend trying to feed them by hand, it's very risky for the babies and time consuming for you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Please let us know how they are doing now; I know this is very stressful. Is the momma feeding them regularly? Is she spending a lot of time laying with them and making sure they are eating? Milk bands are hard to see sometimes. I would not recommend trying to feed them by hand, it's very risky for the babies and time consuming for you.
They are all doing fine still they grew hair but now a few are loseing it because they are hairless she is feeding them regularly and I've started to wean them with some food soaked in water so they have started to eat that a bit now :) and sorry for late reply I didn't have Internet again for a bit

·
Registered
Oliver Bean, Phyllis, Waffle, Taco, Atlas, Cirrus, Orion
2,493 Posts
Aw, they're beautiful!! Thank you for letting us know. Good luck with them, I think they will be just fine now 🤗

21 - 25 of 25 Posts