Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i just got two young male albino rats last weekend, and they both seemed very healthy. i play with them every day and i let them crawl around the floor near me, etc. tonight i noticed one of my rats, jem, started sneezing and making this weird muffled squeak that sounds like a snort or something. i'm really worried because he sat there for a little bit, kept making the noise, and it seemed like he had trouble breathing? but now he's running around the cage with will, and they both are eating and drinking. he is still making the noise though. what do i do? is it a URI? please help!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no not really... they are still pretty fidgety when i hold them so it was hard to tell. i put him up to my ear but he just kept making the muffled little squeaky noise so that's all i heard!

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
That's a really weird noise...it kind of sounds like a pig or something. How often does he make it? It doesn't sound normal

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
he just started doing it earlier this evening and he sneezes occasionally. he doesn't make the noise constantly, but i'd say a couple times every minute while he's awake and running around. he does it a little while he's sleeping but it's a lot quieter

1 - 6 of 6 Posts