Rat Forum banner

Is she going to be ok? What should I do?

824 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  lfraser06 
#1 ·
Help please!!! I think my rat had a stroke, she keeps wobbling and can't walk properly. I think she doesn't have proper mobility in her right side. She was in the hammock when I found her doing weird turns, I was immediately extremely worried as my last rat had to be put down because of a seizure. At the moment I've just been keeping her with me, stroking and cuddling. I tried to get her to drink a little and eat but she wouldn't, I'm not sure if that's because it's late and she isn't hungry or thirsty but I'm really worried. It's getting late and every time I put her back in the cage on the ground where I made a small padded bed she keeps flopping around and trying to move all over the place, I'm worried she'll hurt herself. Please if anyone has advice can you share....Should I put her back or just do an all nighter before I call the vets tomorrow?

#2 ·
I you have a carrier or a box you can put her in there with blankets and food and water so that she can't hurt herself. Also, if you want, you can give her cagemate a stuffed animal to cuddle with while she is gone.

Reactions: icetiger
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.