Rat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw a new post from a newbie Ben, about one of his rats biting. I was replying, tried to copy and delete some text, and paste it, but I got a message not found. Now I can't find it. Like it just disappeared.

I don't want Ben to think he got kicked off or something. Hope it wasn't something I did 馃槣

Registered
Cloud and Dew (Pearl Merle and American Mink, both with Irish markings)!
Omg, me too! I was also responding then when I hit send it said an error message! I also copy and pasted mine 馃槀馃槅

First of all, I鈥檓 sorry that you鈥檝e been on the end of rat aggression. It鈥檚 not fun!

I have a lot of questions -

Has there been excessive touching? I know it would be hard to admit, but sometimes people (myself included) will rush our rats in the process of bonding.

Is it possible to block up the back of the areas where you were bitten? If he doesn鈥檛 feel trapped and threatened, he may not bite.

Are the rats from a pet store or breeder? Pet store animals are bred in mass in rodent mills and not handled very often. This will cause them to generally have more health problems and be more skittish :(

My last piece of advice would be to give them a lot of patience! They鈥檙e scared, small, and don鈥檛 really know what鈥檚 going on. Use lots of treats like Cheerios (if you aren鈥檛 already) to make them feel more trusting towards you!

Registered
Cloud and Dew (Pearl Merle and American Mink, both with Irish markings)!
Very strange, I read it before trying to respond and it was not inappropriate in any way other then biting which is a common subject here. 馃 If you do try to repost it, I鈥檒l try to respond again 馃槀

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Me too, I thought I did something!

Anyway, here is what I was writing to you...there was more, I'm sure, but now I'm off the rail lol
biting.jpg

Registered
Cat and Lenny
Hello! When I look at it it says it's "awaiting approval"... I don't think I used any swear words in the post so I wasn't sure why it was held up. I used several after he bit me!

View attachment 305081

Should I repost it?
@Ben Curthoys Hey. The same thing happened to me. If you post a comment on your own post, it should appear back in the forum listing. Or at least it worked for me

1 - 9 of 9 Posts