Rat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
I've got the Savic Royal Suit 95 which is like a double CN :) I love it. I find it easy to clean and it was easy to assemble too :)

·
Premium Member
4,287 Posts
I'm on my second SRS and adore it. Its the best cage i've had and a lot better than most i've seen. I would recommend taking the middle base out of it and opening it up into one big cage, if you carefully place a few hammocks and ropes you can prevent long drops and maximise climbing and fitness. It does take some getting used to in terms of set up as the front is entirely door (i use a network of branches to help suspend things midway down, or hanging chains to clip on to, my friend just has one door closed and hooks on to that) but once you get the knack its great. The only improvement that i would recommend beyond taking that middle out (i also dont use the shelves that came with it, i use hanging cat litter trays instead but thats a preference thing) is to invest in deeper perspex trays, they come in at around £40 and mean you get much less kicked out of the cage. Its not neccesary but its much nicer

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The deeper trays would probably be a better idea, I have just flat trays in the cage the boys have at the moment and then kick everything out onto the floor! The cat litter trays seem like an excellent idea, do they make deeper pans specifically for SRS? And also, what do you use to hang the hammocks throughout the cage? Do you use anything other than chains? I do like the way it fully opens, must be a lot easier to keep clean. I definitely have my heart set on this, cheapest I can find it is 200, but it is worth it if it's a good quality cage!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Isamurat, can I see a pic of your set up? When my lads are introduced and happy, I was thinking about taking out the middle section :) Ideas would be fab!

·
Premium Member
4,287 Posts
Pets at home can aslo be good fro cages, they often have an online discount code for first time buyers. Been a while since a bought an SRS though.

If you look at the cages above you can see how useful my branches are in the set up. I build up a middle structure with a couple big branches and poles, add in the litter trays, fastening them to the branches in most cases, or adding in a rope or a chain where more support is needed. Then i add in a few hammocks and hanging beds and tie it alls togehter with some more ropes and parrot toys. It makes for an active layout with lots to do but not far to fall.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts