Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, being summer and all, do to the very hot weather right now, I've got the windows in my room open. The only problem is that my mom is painting the house right under my window, so alot of paint fumes finds it way into my room. I know how sensitive lungs ratties have, so I was woderig could this be harmful to them?

And also, another problem I have with having the window open is that alot of bugs, such as wasps, bees and bumblebees, fly in. Being that rats are as small as they are, wouldn't it be extremely dangerouse, if not deadly if they were to be stung?

Thanks! =)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,409 Posts
I would imagine the rats would eat the bugs, but I don't know.

I would move them to another room while your mom is painting. If the fumes smell bad to you, they must be 10 times worse for your rats. I don't know if they would do any harm, per se, but I don't think I'd chance it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,640 Posts
Definitely move those rats away from the fumes. Paint fumes can really damage the delicate tissue of their lungs leaving them prone to even more respiratory problems. If she's not almost done you might want to relocate your rats til its done.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, thanks guys!
I'm not sure how much longer she's gonna paint, but I'm definitively moving the cage to fume-free area.
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top