Rat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In August we adopted three rats because the owners developed allergies to them. They were not 100% certain of the actual date on which each was born but gave us approximates (December 2012, January 2013 and June 2013).

However, I came across an ad on a Swedish website from when they were still trying to get rid of the boys and the dates of birth they gave there were totally different to what they gave us, indeed the boy who they said was born Jan. 2013 they wrote was born in Jan 2012, making him almost three years old. The boy told us was the oldest is actually the youngest in their online ad....

They all three seem very sprightly, indeed they have more energy than my original three lazy boys who aren't even a year old yet. Is there any way I can figure out, approximately how old they might be? Any signs I can look for which show in elderly rats?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Usually by his face and body you can tell his age. It's not going to be dead on but it'll give you a rough estimate. Could you post photos of their faces and bodies, preferably a side shot?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The dumbo roan is Dougal who they told us was the oldest (Dec '12) but they said he was the youngest in their online ad.
The white dumbo is Brian, they said to us was born Jan. '13 but they said Jan. '12 in their ad.
The black/white boy is Mr. Rusty, who they said to us was son of Dougal and that he was born June '13. In the ad he was son of another rat and I can't remember what the ad said about his date of birth but it was before Dougal, making him the middle rat.

Very confused....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts