Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont actually keep Harry in a cage, he usually just lives in my wardrobe in his little nook (which consists of a water and food bowl, a big red castle house and a bunch of old clothes and a lab block...but my partner decided we shoud get a cage, and I have only used it once and that was when we spent a week at my parents house, it was like $300 it has 5 levels, is big enough for like 10 guinea pigs...but I want to use it for one rat.

He seemed scared and just sat in his little house on the bottom level, do you think maybe this is a little big for a single rattypop?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
No. I think the more room they have to explore, the better. My boys reacted like that to each new cage I gave them. It smells new and foreign. Eventually he'll explore. Is there a reason he's alone?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My Willy passed away a few months back, but they never even got along and Harry's getting old and really bitey and he attacks every other animal but us. It's a shame, I do wish I could get another little boy, he doesnt understand that same species companionship is what he's missing.

·
Registered
259 Posts
yeah i would say that there is no such thing as a cage that is too big, but there is such a thing as bar spacing tthats too big.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts