Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve had rats in the past and have always fed them this mix...having boys who have lived to 5.

My boy is 7 weeks old...just a baby so he’s getting lab blocks and monkey chow for another week or so then I feel its time to start his mix.

Ok here are the ingredients:
Granola cereal
Dried veggie pasta
Oats
Corn
And
Lab blocks

I just make a big box of it and feed him out of it till its gone then make it again... monkey chow is also fed 2 times a week; always wet and tasty.
Ive thought of adding high grade cat or dog food but am not sure which ingredients i need to avoid or if its even ok at all.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
The only thing I'd really worry about is the corn... if it grew mold, as it's prone to do. Besides that... seems okay...

·
Registered
997 Posts
What are the contents of the lab block? Is it a specific brand sold in petstores?

Dog food is best, cat food is too high in protein. But when looking through dog foods, I found Nutro Natural Choice Adult Lite to be best( http://www.nutroproducts.com/ncdry-lite.shtml ), Petsmart carries this.

And if your boy loves corn, you can buy frozen corn and have him fish for it! Just get a bowl that won't tip over and put water and a handful of corn in and he should love it. Just don't let him get wet when it's cold in the room. :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You know I dont know about the brand name of the lab blocks...its from the bulk section of soldans (a local pet and horse store).

Oki nutro natural it is... lol thats what my dog gets.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts