Rat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my rat got an emergency spay for unknown vaginal bleeding about 3-4 weeks ago. She’s recovering nicely until I noticed this lump right above her leg on her left side. I felt it a little and she didn’t squeak so I’m guessing it’s not tinder but it’s not hard like I’d expect a tumor to be. Wondering what this could be and if I should calll the vet tomorrow. She is eating, playing and doing all her favorite things, so no signs or symptoms of illness yet. I just noticed this one sided lump that honestly just feels like fluid. Like when she was really sick one time they injected her with fluids and some abx and this feels sort of like that… not really hard at all though I’ve only gentle palpated the mass and not really squeezed it or anything.
Hand Felidae Comfort Ear Gesture

Hand Dog Dog breed Ear Gesture

Joint Hand Leg Human body Neck

Dog Human body Gesture Dog breed Grey

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If it feels like it is filled with fluid and she has recently had surgery then I would guess it was an abscess.
so I actually looked back at the pictures I took when she was having vaginal bleeding (before surgery) and it seems like there was a slight outline even then… but none Of the vets (at least 3) seemed to notice anything about a tumor or abscess…. So I have no idea if it started before or after the actual surgery…. But the vet appointment they gave me was Friday 13th

Cat Vertebrate Carnivore Felidae Mammal

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content
Human body Textile Gesture Cat Felidae

Head Eye Felidae Carnivore Small to medium-sized cats

1 - 3 of 3 Posts