Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya all , i cant believe how much i have learnt from this forum , i have read many topics , replies ect

just wondering

like i have said before i have 3 8 week 2 day old rats :D

stella - her personality is odd , she will climb the cage the minute i put my hand in but WONT bite me and WILL let me stroke her all over , but she is a rascal and i dnt trust holdin her cos she jumps out my hands so i mainly stroke her and let her play in the tub with some toys - is this all normal considerin i have had them for only 2 days
Celery- celery i feel sorry for she is my fatty ratty bless ! (not major fat but is the biggest outta my girls) she wants to climb the cage so bad with her sisters but she panicks and just puts her lil feet on the first bar and looks up at the others , she lets me stroke her and she dont bite but is v.lazy - seems healthy
Ratatoey - she is the fiesty baby - she runs the cage climbs her sister and poos everywhere , she is socialable and doesnt bite but again will escape at the first chance
i put celery and ratatoey on my parents double bed earlier just as they were goin to bed and ratatoey went to leap off it whilst celery just explored slowly
is this all normal and what can i expect my rats to be like in the future
i put my hand in the cage often to clean , change food and water and stroke them , i also talk alot to them through the cage - they are not big eaters at all
Jess x

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
this is normal for little girls. they are like the energizer bunny... just go and go and go and go and.... until they run flat. i have 7 girls... six of them are quite happy to just climb and wander around at their leisure, but one, spazz, is a spazz. she stops to sleep for a few minutes, then is off again, sleeps, goes, sleeps, goes, and so on, all day and night.

little boys on the other hand, start off like that, but gradually become big fat squishy laprats... although i'm still waiting on any of my boys to want to be laprats...

·
Registered
626 Posts
It just depends on the rat. Naturally girl rats are mor entergetic but I have found that in they're old age they do mellow out a lot. Then again some girls are just build to be trouble makers, it all depends on the rat so I can't really tell you what your girls will l be like, but part of the fun of having rats is seeing them grow into rattie adults!

·
Registered
3 Posts
my rat is getting older but im worryed about this new one i just got the other day my older one keeps biting her and carrying her towards where every she wants too its bothering me because i dont want her to hurt the little one i have two cages set up next to eachother because of my worrys i want to put them both in the one cage being occupyed by the older rat because its huge and i dont like my ladys feeling scrunched up but i am worryed that she may hurt the little one what should i do?

·
Registered
323 Posts
If you have only had them for about two days, I would expect it to be normal. Don't worry, they will start warming up to you soon. :)

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would expect them to be like this for a little bit just keep a good eye on them and encourage nice behaviour
Jess x

1 - 6 of 6 Posts