Rat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, I have posted here several times about a rat that was growing more and more aggressive despite no change in his environment etc. A few months ago, as I was signing up for my SAT, I heard a massive shriek, and ran to my rat cage to see blood sprayed on the wall, and blood complete coating the inside of a inner tube. My other rate had bitten my rats throat, and we thought he was going to die, yet he was just losing consciousness. We have no exotic vet here, but I got some medicine specially order for him and he's completely recovered now thankfully. Still, I am terrified to put them back together (this is the second occasion of violence, the first time part of a tail was bitten off but I thought it was an accidental mistake for food by the other), and they remain separated. The other rat who was attacked seems lonely, but he's much calmer now, he used to jump when approached but now he gently licks my hand and sleeps on my shoulder. the other rat is still aggressive, and bites my toes often, any advice? Sorry this is long, but I don't want my rats to be unsafe mentally even if they're now physically safe.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Can you find an exotic vet? A neuter may help calm down your agressive boy. If not, getting a friend for the none agressive one, or a pair, would be good. Then work with the agressor and see if you can work with his issues without surgery. Sounds like your agressive boy either has hormonal or behavioral problems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.