Rat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have the All Living Things Rat Starter Kit (http://www.petsmart.com/small-pet/c...6-5201419/cat-36-catid-600011?_t=pfm=category) with one rat. I know that rats should be kept in pairs or more, but the way we got Remy was kind of a misjudgment. Basically we saw him at PetSmart and he was so charming and sweet that we had to get him as a friend for the current resident rat. However, Remy was very aggressive towards Nico and before the introductions started working Nico passed away from URI, so Remy was left in the cage by himself, and there are no rescues nearby where I can get a friend the right age for him. But is the cage an acceptable size for one rat, or even two? Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Yes it is an ok size for two rats.

Just note that the plastic bottom does run the risk of being chewed leaving you with escaped rats and a useless cage. While males do tend to chew less then girls, it is still a possible risk. It doesn't always happen but it does happen enough that you should be warned of the possibility.

If you have the space a critternation single is only $35 more and it is quite ideal and you could even have room for up to 4 rats if you get the GGMR (gotta get more rats) fever lol

But the all living things is ok.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts