Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,535 Posts
Hay will likely be uncomfortable, may mold, and won't really do anything to absorb moisture or odor.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,162 Posts
Along with the things Forensic pointed out, from what I remember of hay from my guinea pig, it has a very strong smell. That would be my biggest concern with using it for rats, because they have such sensitive respiratory systems.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
489 Posts
Hay isnt a good beddin for anythng. It oesnt absorb and makes a odor by so.
It also is undigestible to rats and isnt comfortable. And may mold when peed on, which may kill your rat or get them sick.
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top